Kiwi Teriyaki Steak
- 4 California kiwifruit, divided
- ¼ cup each dry white wine, soy sauce and packed brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (optional)
- 1½-2 pounds (1 inch thick) boneless round steak
Pare and puree 2 kiwifruit. Combine with wine, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger and oil in large baking dish; add steak and marinate 30 minutes. Remove steak from marinade; broil to desired degree of doneness. Slice steak and arrange on serving platter. Pare and slice remaining 2 kiwifruit; garnish platter with slices. Makes about 6 servings.