Kiwi Mint Lemonade
So refreshing! If you don't have mint, try fresh lemon balm. The lemonade is also delicious without the herbs. Or try a splash of vodka!
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- ½ (125 mL) cup granulated sugar
- ½ (125 mL) cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 3 California kiwifruit
- 2 to 3 lemons
- Sparkling water
- In a medium saucepan, heat water with sugar over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until sugar is dissolved. Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in mint leaves. Let stand 20 minutes
- Meanwhile, peel kiwifruit and cut into chunks. Puree in a food processor. Place puree in a pitcher. Strain cooled syrup into pitcher, pressing on mint, then discard leaves. Refrigerate until cold. Squeeze juice from 2 lemons. Stir into kiwifruit mixture. Taste, squeeze in juice from remaining lemon for a tarter lemonade.
- Pour into glasses. Top with sparkling water. Serve garnished with a slice of kiwifruit. Makes about 2¼ cups (550 mL) without sparkling water, enough for 4 drinks.
Nutrition per serving
(using 3 lemons)
- Calories 150
- Fat 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates 42.6 g
- Fibre 6.4 g
- 100% daily requirement of Vitamin C
Very high source of fibre and an excellent source of Vitamin C